Friday, January 4, 2008

Christmas Clearance Challenge

The more I think about it, the more I realize that you can get amazingly great gifts on clearance all year long. I always shop clearance, but never really thought about totally doing Christmas from there. So, my challenge, for myself and anyone who wants to participate, is Christmas from Clearance. Other than my DH and children I need 25 gifts. I have already purchased 6 of these from clearance bins in the few days since Christmas. I don't think I can get them all between now and the time that Christmas buys are all gone, but I think I can finish up long before new trees hit the shelves next fall.

6 down, 19 to go.

Wanna join me?

5 comments:

Melissa said...

What an excellent idea! I have a friend who buys 99% of all her gifts from the clearance section and she does it all year long!

Good luck and many blessings,
Melissa

Mom of Five said...

Yes! I've been wanting to try this for years, but I've never actually followed through. This year, I will need at least 10 gifts not including dh or the kids.

Meredith said...

It's too hard for me to shop department store clearance right now, with a toddler in tow. Somehow we do better at yard sales.

But I think it's a great idea and look forward to seeing your finds!

Michie said...

I like this idea - I always say I'll shop all year long and never do though. The problem is that I always misplace the stuff before the next year. I'll have to keep this in mind, though. :)
This is my first trip through your blog. Thought I'd say hi.

Anonymous said...

My problem is that I buy the perfect gift and find an even "perfecter" gift later and buy it too! Even with clearance items, doing that too many times can get costly.