Sunday, January 6, 2008

So Much Stuff

Although I love the holidays, I feel like afterwards we have so much extra stuff hanging around. Stuff everywhere.

Inspired by Meredith I really need to get my home more organized. We are drowing in it, which is weird, since I am typically not a "stuff" person. I am not a huge collector. I normally use the "one in~one out" rule.

So, what do you do with all the stuff you get rid of? Does it go to Goodwill? Do you list it on ebay? Do you save it for a yard sale? Consignment store? How do you get rid of the "stuff"?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

For us it's usually consignment shops or the trash!

Momala said...

Either Goodwill, consignment shop, or the trash. It depends. But I will never, ever again have a garage sale. It's just too much work for not a lot of money.

anita said...

Usually Goodwill for "stuff". We own a laundromat and any clothes we want to get rid of we put in a bin with a free sign on it and it's gone in a day! I hate having garage sales...like momala said...too much work, not a lot of money.

Anonymous said...

Thankfully our town has what they call the "Free Box" it is in the same area as the recycling center. You can take pretty much anything there and people are welcome to come and go to take and to leave. I try to go early to drop stuff off because no one is there them but later in the day it gets really busy.

Meredith said...

I would love a free box like that--what a great and easy way to give to people who need things!

I have been using the "free" option on Craig's List (Freecycle being too political here lately).

Otherwise, I pass along to a mom friend or give to the Goodwill, if I'm in a pinch for time.

If an item has value over $20 then I consider selling it on Craig's List (if it's big and bulky) or Ebay. I figure I have to have a minimum of $20 to make it worth my time listing and shipping.