Monday, November 17, 2008

This Week's Grub




Monday -- Baked Potato Night (Lala puts them in before I get home, so we just break out the toppings and it is faster than fast food, yay!)


Tuesday -- Grilled Chicken Salads (Another easy meal, just chop up a few veggies while I am cooking the chicken tenders on the griddle.)


Wednesday -- Taco Stack-Ups (This meal uses up the rest of the salad fixings, just like tacos with chips instead of taco shells. Since I have the hamburger meat precooked, all I have to do it warm it up and add in the taco seasonings.)


Thursday -- Loaded Potato Soup (Uses the left over potatoes from Monday. Since they will already be cooked, I am essentially just warming them through with some milk and other ingredients for a good, warm meal.)


Friday -- Cheesy Chicken Casserole (Since I have more time on Friday nights, this one got moved to here. Still an easy meal, I will have a little longer to get the rice cooked, etc.)


Saturday -- Creamy Chicken and Noodles (I will be Christmas shopping all day, and I KNEW I wanted something warm, easy and comforting when I get home.)


Although this is not my first shot at menu planning, I am not usually a big poster of it. I laid it all out yesterday, went shopping for what I had to have that was not in my pantry/freezer. For 3 meals each plus snacks for 7 days, I spent $32 this week.
For more menu ideas visit Menu Planning Monday at Organizing Junkie.

5 comments:

Theresa said...

I would love your recipe for Creamy Chicken and Noodles! :o)

Theresa
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/kidzanddogs/

Niki Jolene said...

Welcome to the Menu Plan Monday!

:)

Anonymous said...

He-He like the menu very much you didn't tell me what you were having this week but that's okay. I know now and sound great.

Keep the ideas coming

Unknown said...

Well, my sweet, dear sister, there ya go!

Nessa said...

Yum! I love stack ups and potato soup! Now I'm hungry!