Wednesday, September 19, 2007

50 hours from home

In two short days plus two hours, I will go back to being a stay at home mom, HALLELUJAH! There are soooooo many things that I want to do, I do not even know where to begin. I want to clean my house, spend some time with the baby, do some organizing, spend some time with the baby, do some writing, spend some time with the baby, catch up on sleep, and yes, spend some time with the baby.
There are also small things that I miss doing that I simply cannot wait to get back into the habit of. I used to make my own frozen biscuits. Yes, I am the typical southern woman that can make biscuits that are so good it makes ya wanna slap yo momma! So, buttermilk will be in my grocery basket this weekend so that I can do those on Monday, along with about a thousand other things! Oh, to have those hot buttered biscuits with honey every morning instead of a bowl of cold cereal will be such a blessing! Not to mention, I fully intend on doing a big dinner that night, just to thank my family for making the needed sacrifices for me to be a stay at home mom.
I know that all of our lives are so much better when I can function on all 8 cylinders: Cooking, Cleaning, Loving, Laundry, Organizing, Chauffeuring, Homework Helping, and Just Being a Mom. Sounds like an easy task, but if you really look at it, between running back and forth to the hospital and keeping up with 45 hours on the job then an additional 20+ hours a week working for myself, you can just imagine the mess my house is in!
The thing I look forward to the most, is sending my kiddos off to school, then being there when they return home. And knowing that I get to do it again the next day and the day after that is indescribably incredible to me. So, with the countdown starting now, only 50 hours left to go, and only 18 will be spent working! YAY!

No comments: