Monday, September 3, 2007

The Room is Complete!

Im sooo excited. I wander all over the internet drooling over the perfected filled stockpile shelves. I have a decent stockpile, but I just had it scattered all over the place. A few shelves here, some boxes there, my house looked more like a stockroom than a home. My DH decided to build a new room a few weeks ago. In that room he put 6 shelves, each 8 ft long. I'm soooo excited over the amount of storage I now have. There are a few holes left, but I thought I would share the pictures with you just the same. Silly as it is, my favorite part is the peg board for hanging bags, which is now filled with Chex Mix.

Please share your ideas for making the best use of the storage we have. I will take any advice I can get! Don't forget what you think is "simple". Since I was not born with the organizing gene, I don't really think even in the simpliest terms of it.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

5 comments:

Stacey said...

You have an awesome husband! What a wonderful stockpile pantry. I would love that!

I have a few ideas for you. In my (tiny) pantry I have to maximize my space, so I used those soda can dispensers that you can use in the fridge (Do you know which ones I am talking about? The next can of soda rolls out when you take one from the dispenser.) Well I use that to store canned veggies, soups, etc. I stockpile a lot of cream soups and broths when they go on sale, so using these dispensers works great for me.

I also buy baskets that stack and put my pasta in the baskets. Like spaghetti, fettuccine, etc. The boxes don't fit in the baskets as well. Even one better I found baskets that stack (two to a unit) and will slide out for you. Although, I detest Walmart I would suggest looking there for storage ideas.

I also store my cake mixes flat with the front ends of the boxes facing outward. This way I can see the type of cake mix without moving any boxes. I also stack them with the one expiring first on top.

Just a few ideas. I hope they help you out a bit. When I reorganized my pantry I went overboard trying to maximize my space. It is a great feeling to have an organized pantry. Now... if I can just keep mine that way! :-)

Thanks for sharing your pictures! I am so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW!!!

That is a grad pantry stock pile!!!

AWESOME!!! You have got me inspired!

Congratulations on your big changes - sahm & a grandma.

Nice to met you

Love Leanne NZ

Jenny said...

I found your blog over at Like Merchant Ships, and now, my jaw is on the floor. That is an amazing pantry. WOW.

Jennifer said...

I also came from Like Merchant Ships. Thanks for the inspiration - I can't wait to read more!

Have a lovely day!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a pantry! I am so jealous :)

If you have a Dollar Tree locally, they have a HUGE selection of baskets, containers, etc. that would work great!