Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Art of Leftovers


A couple of years ago my sister gave me this beautiful photo album for my birthday. There is something about the pink and black combo that I just adore. Included in the album were all these little letter cards, and of course I picked "g" (the "l" wasn't as pretty). However, I had the other 25 in the pack left over, and since I had planned on redoing my bathroom in pink and black, I kept them in my stash of unrequited goodies.
Fast forward two years, and I finally get around to working on my bathroom....and found the perfect use for them. I was looking for a cheap way to fill the wall, and I love all things Parisian, so I thought this was a wonderful solution:


I simply bought 5 black frames at Dollar General for $2 each -- the white behind them is plain white scrap paper, I centered them in the frames with double stick tape and.....voila! Cheap art! I thought it was a great look in my 50's inspired pink and black bathroom (DH gave me the ok -- I promise). So with the walls pink -- as you can see -- and all the trim painted black, these goodies that once laid dormant were brought back to life in possibly my favorite room of the house!




4 comments:

Gena said...

Those look so wonderful on your wall!

I read so many good things about you on Like Merchant Ships that I will be visiting here often.

Anonymous said...

Very cute. What a clever frugal way to decorate.

~Babychaser~ said...

This is fabulous! I need a room to decorate... oh wait... I have lots that could be re-done... not I need my own inspiration. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, great idea! Found your blog through Merchant Ships and I will be back to visit more :).