Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My fave quick meal

Since we are quickly approaching the holidays -- I thought I would share a meal that is extravagant for me -- but I love it soooo much! It is a very quick meal -- that is soooo yummy.
With only 7 minutes (except boiling water) and 7 ingredients -- it is my favorite way to treat myself.

Shrimp Scampi Pasta
Angel Hair Pasta
3 Tbs. butter
3 Tbs. Olive Oil
1/2 lb. peeled and deveined shrimp
1 clove garlic
1 fresh lemon
salt

Bring a pot of water to a boil (while you peel and devein the shrimp if you need to). Salt water liberally. Put the pasta in the water -- cook 5-7 minutes until al dente.
For the sauce, melt the butter into the olive oil over medium high heat. Mince the garlic and put into the oil, add in shrimp and salt to taste. When shrimp is done, squeeze the jusce of the lemon over and mix well. When pasta is done, drain and toss with shrimp and butter sauce.
The whole sauce only takes about 5 minutes -- so even with boiling the water you can do the whole thing in about 15 minutes!
This meal will easily feed two, but you can double the recipe very easily.
Quick, yummy and soooooo much better than a restaurant, because you could eat this meal every day for a week for what one meal out would cost!

No comments: