Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Our Christmas in the Country


























Christmas is that one magical time of year when we are just simply not tightwads. And, I am not even going to pretend to be embarrased about it. While I still shop for good bargains and buy quite a bit of it on clearance, there are few to no homemade gifts under my tree. My children are generally not whiners when they ask for things and I refuse. We do not own tons of gadgets and whathaveyous that make up the mainstay of most children's entertainment today.
However, we are not true tightwads when it comes to Christmas. We honestly try to get the most of what is listed by my children as their top ten wishes. Since the majority of the hottest new toys and stuff in general can be bought for the cheapest on Black Friday, this is when I do the most shopping for my own children. All others are already finished by this time, so that I can focus on the ones who I am personally responsible for creating memories for.
There are other things, besides shopping that I would like to work on this year. For the past several years I have simply wrapped gifts with no bows or ribbons. The get paper and a tag, and that's it. This year, however, my theme (which changes every year) is Christmas in Paris. So, instead of the plain boxes in pretty paper, I am inspired to add lots of ribbons and bows, just like you would find under a chic Parisian Christmas tree.
So, my true misson is to be more decorative with my packages, which is a cheap way to improve my holiday I think. With probably less than $5 worth of ribbons, I can beautify all the things under my tree. Yes, it will take a little more effort, but in the end I think it will all be worth it!

2 comments:

Christi said...

I am so glad to know that we're not the only ones who "relax" our frugal-style at Christmas.

We say 'no' at most times throughout the year - but at Christmas pretty much every wish is fulfilled. So much fun!

Anonymous said...

So, how did black friday go, what gems did you pick up?