Wednesday, November 5, 2008

From the Inside Looking Out


I have strived for years to live as cheaply as possible. Coupon clipping, garage-saling, thrift store shopping, using it up, wearing it out, making it do, and doing without.

But lately I have found myself a little lack-luster. Although you can have a stylish wardrobe on a budget, it will not be very much so with only cast-offs from other people's closets (if it was a great piece, it wouldn't be a cast off.) And, yes, you can have a beautiful home with curb-side finds, but a flea-market filled casa is much more appealing to me.

No, I will not be running around shopping like a maniac, but I am trying to learn to replace those worn out goods with only things I love, versus whatever is cheapest. And for the things that are not in need of replacing, I am trying to make them more like what I want with minor alterations like paint and fabric.

I have spent so long watching and reading the lovely blogs and lives of some of the most beautiful and stylish lives. I am now inspired and enabled. I want to live with more style, but of course I want to do it on a budget.


No comments: