Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Jealousy = Creative Grease

I have been in awe of the beautiful blogs I visit. With gorgeous backgrounds and headers. It feels like you are stepping into a beautiful home when you stumble upon a stunning blog.

Although I do not have an awe-inspiring home, I do love to fill it with things I love. I have tinkered around with the look of my blog for months, some of you seeing a different look each time you visit.

I especially loved the layered, scrapbook feel of the headers my favorite bloggy-friends. Funny thing is, I have the skills. I am by trade a writer and a graphic designer. I use InDesign & Photoshop nearly every single day at work, usually multiple times a day. So technically, I already had the skills. I could not, however, for the life of me, figure out where to get those quirky, fun graphics. Today, my friends, I figured it out.

Digital scrapbooking (until today I didn't even realize there was such a thing), was the key. You can download beautiful graphics that are in bits and pieces. The best site I found (and all of the above graphics come from) is Shabby Princess. Their graphics are the coolest, quirkiest, and down right cutest I have ever worked with.

So, now my dearies, you can go get yourself some downloads and Photoshop your own beautiful bloggy header. Doing it yourself is so much more fun and frugal!

For more Frugal Friday tips, scoot on over to Biblical Womanhood to see the rest of the gang.

And, do tell! Whaddya think of the new look? I am sooooo hoping it's a keeper!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful. That is so impressive that you did it yourself. (I had to pay someone.)

Molly said...

I think it looks great. I may have to check out this digital scrap booking thing and spruce up my blog!

Victorian Lady said...

You did a great job! Thank you for the link! I always wondered that too! :)

Mere

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for commenting on my blog {Meal Plan Monday from Hell!}!

Love the look of your blog - and I love it even more because you did it yourself instead of hiring someone to do it {although you are a pro!}.

Thanks for the link to Shabby Princess, I have been trying to get into the digi scrapping thing but didn't know quite where to begin.

Have a fabulous day!