Monday, December 1, 2008

Monday, Funday: Theater Tickets


Tonight we got to enjoy a local tradition: Christmas Pops. The event is supported by a couple of local businesses, so tickets are free. Thanks to a couple of friends at work (thanks, girls!) I got a couple of sets of tickets so the girls and I could invite my mom to go with us. We had so much fun!

The feature of the evening was the Nashville Mandolin Ensemble. They were simply breathtakingly amazing! If you ever have the chance -- GO SEE THEM!!!

So this week's family fun was free!

I am considering making Monday, Funday a blog carnival each week so that we can all share ideas on how to have frugal fun with our kiddos. You do not have to do it on Monday, just which ever day. It could be an activity you have done with your kids or ideas you have in mind for upcoming fun. If there is enough interest, we will start in January, since no one needs more things to keep up with this time of year. Would you join in??? Leave a comment and let me know if you would be interested.


Six in the Country

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so nice. I like your idea :)

Jen Kershner said...

I love going to things like that. I really want to take my girls but I don't know if the 7 year old would appreciate it yet.

ShabbyInTheCity said...

If you remind me...yes :)

Angela said...

I think Monday, Funday is a great idea!

FROGGITY! said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Merry SITSmas to you too... and WHAT a cute and fun idea!!! Love it!

Liz Harrell said...

What a fun old theatre. I love those.

Anonymous said...

Merry SITSmas.

Why the heck would I want to do fun stuff with my kids?

I'll just let the psycho bears out and have them round em up.

:)